Geneigte Leser

Sonntag, 22. Oktober 2017

Let's build trees

I've ordered the Woodland Scenics tree "skeletons" and some foliage to try out a quick and inexpensive way to craft trees. 
So, the first finished tree is 17cm high. The GIs in 28mm are adjusted for size comparison. I have glued the tree to a 60mm plastic base (which is not included) and treated the trunk to the height of the first branch with structure paste, so that the trunk below gets significantly thicker and has a bark-like texture. That worked well, as I think. Then painted with various brown colours and finally treated with a sepia ink. Sticking the foliage was a real mess. It took almost eternally and brings the realization that fingerprints spoiled with superglue do not have a chance to use the fingerprint sensor of a cell phone.
With the result, I am actually satisfied and I can now understand very well, why finished trees on the H0 scale are so expensive. Doing so is much cheaper, but makes a lot of dirt, takes a lot of time and brings fun with superglue. And now I have eleven trees left, which are ready to be tinkered.



Keine Kommentare: