Geneigte Leser

Mittwoch, 7. Juli 2021

DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol

The DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol from BlasTech Industries, made famous by Han Solo, who used it to shoot Greedo in Mos Eisley on Tatooine, among others. The gun is known for being very easy to modify, for example, Solo removed the motion-sensitive scope during his smuggling career in order to draw faster.

The 1:1 scale blaster was my most extensive 3D printing project to date. The printing time for all the individual parts was over 25 hours (spread over many days), and I unfortunately had to reprint 2 parts because I was too dumb to put everything together correctly. An additional problem was that my printing plate is only 12.5 x 12.5cm, so I had to cut some larger parts by CAD first, to have to glue them together again after printing. The painting was then the relaxed part of the work. There are many different templates and even in the "original" the appearance of the blaster varies greatly from film to film, so you can let your imagination run wild here. I opted for a very worn appearance to do justice to the history of this iconic weapon. The whole thing was tremendous fun.

Keine Kommentare: