Geneigte Leser

Freitag, 15. September 2017

Giant Mushrooms

For a long time I had a piece of ground with giant mushrooms in my mind. I wanted something like that in Jules Verne's "Journey to the center of the earth". Now, with Ghost Archipelago, the time had come to get to work.

There are prefabricated mushroom molds, but I wanted to make everything from scratch. The basic shapes I have completely cut from Styrodur, the bottom of the mushroom caps I have hollowed out with a kitchen burner. In order not to let the mushrooms look like from the fairy-tale forest, I decided against the typical red white dotted fly agaric painting, so it would fit better to a jungle.

 
 

3 Kommentare:

Modhail hat gesagt…

They look great! I may have a go at these sometime soon as well (but for Necromunda instead)...

Lasgunpacker hat gesagt…

Using the kitchen torch to burn the inside of the stryofoam is a great idea, and really makes the mushroom seem more real. Now you just need a small forest of these.

Bernd hat gesagt…

@Lasgunpacker
Yes, a whole mushroom forest is a good idea. Maybe I will do one or two more of this terrain piece in the future, but for now more ruins and huts are needed.